Volunteer with WHC-TV
West Hartford Community Television is by and for the community. Our crew features volunteers from middle school through seniors. When you come to the studio, you never know what you will find. You may find yourself discussing opera one minute and following baby ducklings into the studio the next. It's this eclectic blend of shows and discourse that brings WHC-TV to life and makes it so much fun to volunteer. Here are a few ways you can help...
1. CAMERA OPERATORS: Operate studio or location cameras for shows. No experience necessary.
2. PRODUCERS: Create your own show. Appear on camera or choose a host. We'll teach you how to do it.
3. WEB JOURNALISTS: Help maintain and develop content for our social networking groups including facebook, twitter, photo galleries and news. Take our FLIP HD anywhere and record a story.
4. EDITING: Help producers edit their shows and gain a valuable skill by learning Final Cut Pro.
5. OFFICE HELP: We need help with filing, mailings, entering information for the community calendar, tidying up and answering phones and other simple tasks like counting and arranging the candy in the jar for the holiday party.
6. CARPENTRY & SET DESIGN: Help us build sets or create new props. It seems we're in a bit of a rut -- same trees, same table, same curtain... Do you have an idea of how to change it up and use some new options, join our carpentry team.
7. ENGINEERING SUPPORT: Calling all engineers! We are continually upgrading our technology and welcome people who can provide wise counsel. Come and lend a hand.
8. MUSIC: Our producers are always looking for custom music. Consider creating title music in exchange for credit in their show.
For more information about how you can volunteer, contact: Jitu Huntley, Programming Coordinator at 561-1260 or by e-mail at Jitu.Huntley@westhartford.org